Thursday, June 2, 2016

The first post

I started trying programming a little more than  2 years ago. Per github my first commit was on may 7th, 2014. About 2 weeks after my wedding and four years after I obtained my Bachelors of Science in Business Administration @ Boston University. Although I went to school for Finance I've always loved anything related to computers. I became interested in programming when I stumbled by this particular youtube video.




After this I knew I had go try it out. Right after I finished watching the video I signed up at code.org and completed the courses available at that time. Awesome way to get people interested in programming.

That's why I signed up @ +Treehouse for their ruby on rails program. Had a great learning experience while there. I even got a tweet like from their founder once.


From those early days I kept trying out ruby and rails while working full time as director of finance in @ +ideamos .

Some of the tutorials/courses I completed after treehouse:

Rails for Zombies: Ruby on Rails Tutorial
Getting Started with Rails — Ruby on Rails Guides
Learn Ruby on Rails - Great tutorial book by +Daniel Kehoe
Comprehensive Ruby on Rails | Udemy - Great tutorial for making apps intended for business
The Odin Project: Learn Web Development for Free Using Ruby on Rails
RubyMonk - Interactive Ruby tutorials
Codecademy: Learn to code
Code School: Learn by doing

Stay tuned for the continuation of this story.

i.e thanks +CodeNewbie and +Brian Douglas  for getting me motivated to blog about my career change!

-David


No comments:

Post a Comment